Monday, May 23, 2011

How the West was Won...with Jagerbombs as a weapon of choice

Lobby fountain of Andaluz
Last week this lush headed out west to New Mexico for a Southwestern adventure that was a prefect mix of good food, great drink and and even better view. I hit the ground in Albuquerque and check into the sexiest little historic hotel called Hotel Andaluz that is home to the best rooftop lounge with a firepit, Ibiza. Ok this pic does NOT do it justice. Low lighting, cobalt stained class, fires, and amazing cheap cocktails.
 Several cocktails at this hip little place and it's time to walk down to Anodyne Pool Hall where cheap shots, pool tables, and hipsters reign supreme. Across the way is an Irish spot called
Maloney's Pub that reportedly has the hottest hot wings on earth. Beware: they will melt your face off.

For fabulous margaritas and even better southwestern food (New Mexican roasted Green Chile!!) hit up El Pinto in ABQ or sample one of the 100 kinds of fabulous margaritas an hour north at 
Maria's of Santa Fe. Extra points at El Pinto for the fact that there are pics on the wall of celebrity guests, my fave being Motely Crue.

Ojo Caliente in Taos County
After all that boozing you'll need some R&R and there is no place better for that than the Ojo Caliente Hot Springs. Natural healing hot springs, mud baths, lithium water and a wine bar. Pure bliss!! 

After being one with my desert-loving spirit and more relaxed than I had been in decades, it's time to ruin all of that zen with a trip out further west to Los Angeles. I got up to my usual tricks involving as many Jagerbombs as we could handle at the Rainbow, Saddle Ranch and Brass Monkey.  (Check the LA tab for a guide to my Sunset haunts)

While I was out there I did finally hear that the Extreme Brunch trend has made it out there. Here are a few all-you-can-drink brunch options in West Hollywood: 

Overland Cafe only $5 for bottomless mimosas! 

After one week on the west coast I know remember why I loved it out there. Tequila and hotness!
Can't wait for my next trip!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment